DETAILED IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
Code, name and number of ECTS of study unit
01473 Business Online Visibility 5 ECTS
Language of course
Implementation: 100 % online course in OpenMoodle of Lappi UAS
Recommended academic year
2nd, 3rd, 4th academic year
The course concentrates more on each students own case than general teaching, so it more of a consultative course. Beginning is the real life case (own or made for some company) which is then elaborated and perfected during the course with the help of comments of the others as well as teachers advice.
Teachers in charge
Petri Miinalainen petri.J.firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting and ending dates
Managing online visibility and presence with interesting and engaging contents is one of the major issues in digital marketing.
During this course we study different aspects of this and students learn to produce, publish and manage online content from the business perspective and understand the importance of stories, product information, multimedia content, and other online content in creating an online presence for a tourism business. A student will be able to create an online visibility plan or campaign for A REAL COMPANY that s/he finds her/himself.
After successful completion of the course the student
– knows different methods to do pre-research of social media visibility, target groups etc.
– can use keywords in effective marketing and social media contents
– is able create a paid campaign in internet and social media
– analyzes the success of social media efforts and gives grounded solutions based on them
– manages social media channels and contents in co-operation with customers
During the course the student will create his/her own multi-channeled social media mix based on the pre-research for A REAL COMPANY that s/he finds her/himself before course start.
S/he uses keywords effectively and skillfully as well as knows how to boost his/her social media presence with paid campaigns.
S/he also follows up and measures his/her efforts in different ways and makes further decisions based on them.
The elements that are covered during the course are
– Multi-channel management in internet
– Target group and content analysis (e.g. Google consumer)
– Content management online
– Advertising in internet (Facebook adverts, Google Adwords etc.)
– Follow-up and measurement (Google Analytics etc)
– Organic and paid search engine optimization (SEO)
Basic knowledge of online marketing is preferable
Submission of tasks and personal consultation online every second week by the teacher. Once students have given comments to each other, teacher concludes the discussions and answers the questions online.
Instructions on the platform to guide you through the course.
If something is unclear or a student wants to ask something or has problems, please contact the teacher by email.
Any reliable and up-to-date book, article, specialist interview or internet source is suitable.
A range of literature, articles and internet links are introduced by the teacher in order to help students find the proper sources.
Preplan: Presentation or real life case and its online visibility
A1: Background: Customer profile, consumer behavior, channel analysis
A2: Content management – text, images, videos, keywords, urls, tags, meta information etc.
A3: Advertising in internet
A4: Follow-up and measurement
Revised online visibility plan
Post-task: Conclusions and feedback
Excellent (5) – Satisfactory (1), Fail
General Assessment Criteria
– Student has an excellent command of theoretical knowledge and is able to apply it fully in practical learning exercises. Student participates lectures actively and shows analytical, reflective and critical approach in all his/her activities. All the assignments are performed according to instructions.
– Student has a good command of theoretical knowledge and is able to apply it mostly in practical learning exercises. Student participates lectures quite actively and shows somewhat analytical, reflective and critical approach in most of his/her activities. All the assignments are performed mostly according to instructions.
– Student has a satisfactory command of theoretical knowledge and is able to apply it only partly or not at all in practical learning exercises. Student participates lectures seldom and shows very little or no analytical, reflective and critical approach in his/her activities. The assignments are not fully performed according to instructions.
-Student has not participated the compulsory lectures and has failed to perform one or more assignments according to instructions.
To be taken into account
Software for detecting plagiarism is used when returning assignments
Late assignments are assessed according to the schedule the teacher/teachers have given. Late returns affect negatively the assessment of the assignment
Please note that there can be more specific assessment criteria for the whole study unit and/or learning assignments which will be given at the beginning of the study unit.
Various forms of feedback and schedule
NOTE! You must find a REAL COMPANY for the course. You shall analyse the current situation of the company and then plan the improvements or renewals for the company during the course.